Gardens 

Rose Garden

I went to both, the Japanese and Rose garden, with my friend. They were very beautiful. We started at the rose garden. There were so many rows of colorful flowers. The sun was shining very high and it was hot. I really wanted to pick some flowers but I didn't because I didn't want to get in trouble. There were plenty of cool arches that you could walk under and into another row of roses. They had lots of vines and flowers covering them. We saw people smelling the flowers, but to me roses don't really have much of a smell. There was a lot of little bugs and bees. Also there was new turf in some rows so you couldn't walk through them. The floor was mostly dry but in some places it was really       muddy. I took way too many pictures but I'm glad I did. I'm really happy I got to walk through this beautiful rose garden. The fresh air was pleasing.


           

















Japanese Garden

After the rose garden, we went to the Japanese garden. My favorite thing I saw was the koi fish swimming in a little pond, and the tiny temple artifacts. There were a lot of turns that you could take to see different things in the garden. In the end, they all came out to the same place. There were many bonsai trees to look at. There was even a little section where you could walk through and see the different styles of bonsai trees. It was a peaceful walk and my friend and I talked a lot. The farther down the hike we got, the cooler the air was. On our way back to the exit, we saw a squirrel jump from one tree to another. That was only the second squirrel I've seen in my entire life. It felt good to get out and explore something new. Near the entrance there was little gift shops and even a cafe. After walking through these gardens, I felt refreshed.







     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog